How To Clean Artificial Plants and Flowers: A Quick Guide
In this blog post, we’ll provide some tips and advice on how to keep artificial plants and flowers clean, so you can enjoy them for many years to come.
When it comes to home decor, many have adopted the use of artificial plants and flower pots as they can bring a touch of nature indoors without the hassle of real plants.
However, if you’re not careful, faux plants and flower pots can become dusty and dirty over time. The following advice comes from Tesor, one of the best artificial plants shops in Bangalore. So if you’re looking for advice on keeping artificial plants clean, you’ve come to the right place.
Five Tips on How To Clean Artificial Plants and Flowers
1. Remove Dust and Dirt
Dust is a part of life in most parts of India owing to our unique climate and lax implementation of laws in transporting construction debris and carrying out road repair works.
Be as it may, that should not stop you from keeping away dirt and grime from accumulating on the artificial flora that you have so painstakingly collected.
Maintaining the cleanliness of your artificial plants and pots by removing dust and dirt regularly should be a part of our daily routine. So, here are some dust-removal tips:
- Use a soft cloth or brush to gently remove dust and dirt from the leaves and stems of the plants.
- You can also use a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment to get rid of stubborn dirt and dust. Be sure to empty the vacuum bag regularly.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe off any dirt and dust on the pots. Remember to avoid using any harsh chemicals or cleaners, as these can damage plants and pots.
That’s much better, but we’re not done yet.
2. Rinse With Water
After brushing off the dust and dirt from the artificial plants and pots, you need to rinse them with water.
- Use a soft cloth and lightly apply water to the plants and pots. Be careful not to soak them, as this could damage the material and cause the colors to fade.
- Use a clean sponge to gently scrub the plants and pots, making sure that all the dirt and grime have been removed.
- Rinse with clean water and let the plants and pots air dry.
Well, that should take care of most dirt. Not quite, eh? Not to worry, as we have a Plan B ready.
3. Use a Mild Detergent
Plan B is using a mild detergent. It is like dish soap with no added fragrances or dyes and is perfect for cleaning artificial plants and pots.
- Start by wiping the leaves and stems of the plant with detergent and warm water. Make sure to use a soft cloth to avoid damage to the delicate plastic and fabric leaves.
- Gently scrub off any dirt, dust, and grime.
- Rinse off the detergent with warm water.
- Finally, dry the plants and pots with a clean cloth.
4. Use a Towel To Dry
The fourth step in keeping the artificial plants and pots clean is drying them with a towel.
- Start by gently blotting the wet surfaces with a soft cloth or towel.
- Use a second clean cloth or towel to dry the artificial plants and pots completely.
- Inspect all the crevices and folds of the artificial plants and pots to avoid water stains and mildew.
- For best results, hang the items up to air dry afterward to eliminate any residual moisture that may be trapped in the artificial plants and pots.
5. Maintain a Cleaning Schedule
Cleaning your artificial plants and pots will help them look brand new, no matter how many years they have been in use.
With regular maintenance, they will continue to be part of your living space for a long time.
Why Is It Important To Know How To Clean Artificial Plants and Flowers?
Artificial plants and flowers can be a great way to liven up a room without the hassle of caring for real plants. We saw how regular cleaning of both the artificial plants and the pots ensures they look great and last long.
One way to ensure you don’t spend a lot of time cleaning is to buy the best quality plants and flowers, as they require minimal maintenance.
Tesor is one of the top artificial plant shops in Bangalore. You can buy planters or artificial plants online, including outdoor artificial plants and flowers in pots and artificial plants and flowers for the garden from us at reasonable prices.